Uploading Online Recordings to NTE
For students approved for use of NTE, who would like to upload the recordings or videos of their online courses to NTE, below are two tools we are recommending:
You can download Audacity for free at : https://www.audacityteam.org/download/
Audacity allows you to record the sound from your computer. Watch the youtube clip for a step by step guide on how to set it up.
Important- In order for it to work you will need to adjust your microphone to be the internal stereo. The clip below walks you through how to to do so.
For more advanced users who would like to record the entire video (and not just the audio).
To download for free go to https://obsproject.com/download
Below are is a video tutorial on how to set up a screen recorder using OBS. You can take the video and upload the entire video to NTE.
Download, setup, and screen capture instructions:
- Download Open Broadcast Software (OBS) Studio (https://obsproject.com/download) Select "Download Installer"
- Install OBS Studio. Double-click the OBS Studio installer file.
- Open OBS Studio
- The first time OBS is launched, the Auto-ConfigurationWizard window will appear
- Select, “Optimize just for recording, I will not be streaming” and select “Next” and “Next” again then “Apply Settings”
- If your Microphone was not connected automatically, select clicking the + icon below the "Sources" heading, and select Audio Input Capture, click OK at the bottom of the "New Capture" window. Another Window will pop up where you can select the microphone you would like to add by selecting it from the “Devices” drop down menu. Finally, click “Ok” to add the new microphone.
- Add your computer's Display as a Source by clicking the + icon below the "Sources" heading, and select Display Capture, click OK at the bottom of the "New Capture" window, and if you have a multi-monitor setup, select which monitor. Click OK at the bottom of the subsequent window.
- You may need to resize the window if the red outline is sticking outside the border.
- Once you finish this you do not have to do the above steps again.
- From here you can start recording by selecting "Start Recording" on the bottom right corner of the OBS Studio window. Then stop recording by clicking Stop Recording in the bottom-right corner again.
- Fix the OBS Studio "Failed to start recording" error if needed.
In some cases, you'll see an error that says "Starting the output failed. To fix this error:
- Click OK on the error message.
- Click Settings on the lower-right side of the OBS Studio window.
- Click Output in the upper-left side of the Settings window. -
- Click the "Encoder" drop-down box. -
- Click Software (x264) in the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply, then click OK