Post AFT Intake
Box Access & Download Information
- Access Box through the web
- Box Download for Windows & Mac
- Contact your local Information Technology help desk for information about accessing Box on a phone or tablet
Bookshare Access Information
Bookshare can be accessed via bookshare.org. You should receive an email from Bookshare inviting you to signup for an account. If you do not, please contact the person who you met with for your intake. Only use the which is sent to you to sign up for your Bookshare Account.
Rutgers RADR and ODS do not have access to your Bookshare login information. If you need help logging into Bookshare after your account is created, please contact Bookshare support.
Kurzweil Access & Download Information
Kurzweil can be installed on your computer using one of the files saved in this linked Box folder. Simply download the file which corresponds to your operating system (Windows or Mac) from the folder and run the downloaded file to install Kurzweil. Downloading the file may take some time as it is very large.
Your username and password for Kurzweil will follow the below format.
Username: Your Rutgers NetID
Password: “rutgers” without the quotation marks followed by the current year (e.g. 2020)
We strongly recommend that you change the default password after you access your account for the first time. Your Kurzweil password can be changed by following the steps below:
- Go to kurzweil3000.com in your web browser
- Enter your username and password as described above
- Click “My Account” then “Profile” in the dropdown menu that appears. “My Account” can be found within the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Enter a new password in the “Password” and “re-type Password” textboxes found on the right side of the page.
- Lastly, click the “Update Account Information” button to save your changes.
*Note* No other information needs to be entered of changed.
Additional Kurzweil Training
Additional information and training, including a list of features and video tutorials can be found on our Kurzweil 3000 resource page.
Read&Write Access & Download Information
Read&Write can be installed on your computer using one of the files saved in this linked Box folder. Simply download the file which corresponds to your operating system (Windows or Mac) from the folder and run the downloaded file to install Kurzweil. Downloading the file may take some time as it is very large. Also included in the folder is a link to the Chrome Web Store where you can add Read&Write to Google Chrome.
Your Read&Write account is intergrated with Rutgers Scarlet Mail (Google Suite / Google Drive). When prompted by Read&Write, login using your Scarletmail email address and NetID password.
Additional Read&Write Training
Additional information and training, including a list of features and video tutorials can be found on our Read&Write resource page.
Links to Other Resources that may have been Covered during your Intake