How to do Live Web Conferencing (Big Blue Button) - and include live captions
Setting up Big Blue Button
For those using canvas, you will need to use the Conferences tool:
- Go to your course in canvas, and click on the conferences tool
- Click the blue + Conference Button
- Enter in the details of your session and click update
- Start your session
- on the bottom left you'll see a blue plus (+) sign, click on it to open the opens menu
- Click on 'Write Close Captions'
- Select your language
- Select the user you would like to write the captions, and change their role to 'Closed Captionist'
For additional support: watch a tutorial on setting up captions in Big Blue Button (link to external site)
Faculty Resources for Online Courses
Off Campus Locations