Creating a Kaltura Channel - and sharing it with a captionist
This page is for professors moving their courses online as a result of COVID-19. We have arranged for all of your videos to be captioned by 3Play media. To do so, please follow the instructions below:
Set up your Channel
Go to: https://rutgers.mediaspace.kaltura.com/ and Log in.
First-time users will need to click on their name on the top right and then click 'Account Request'. It will give you a notification this can take up to 24 hours, however, it usually takes a lot less than this.
If you already have an account:
- Click on your name on the top right
- Click on My Media
- On the top of the page, you'll see a blue button that says "+ Create Channel".
- Fill in the information and click save
Adding users to your channel
If this is the first time you are creating a channel, proceed from the directions above
- The details of your channel will appear with two other menu options (Playlist and Users).
- Click on Users and then click Add Members.
For those with existing channels:
- Go to My Channels
- Click on the pencil on the lower right of the preview square to edit your channel.
- Click Users and then click Add Members.
**For those professors with students who are deaf or hard of hearing, we have arranged for your course content to be captioned by 3Play Media. To have this done please add Justin Smith (jbs260), who works for Rutgers Kaltura. He will ensure that all the videos are being captioned. 3Play will automatically caption your videos in Kaltura. So long as you are sharing your content through Kaltura, the captions will be accessible to all your students.**